Thursday, September 17, 2009

Game Ideas and Workspace Photographs


As though the previous post wasn't enough, I have since uploaded to my Picasa folder a series of images related to my heroic ambitions. Twenty pictures are in the gallery at the moment, though more may be uploaded soon. There are two game concepts within, which I'd like to touch upon here: S-T-U-N-G, a legacy graphic adventure loosely in the style of the older entries in the Leisure Suit Larry series of games, and Dream Tower, a two-dimensional platformer based vaguely on the fluid movement mechanics found in Mirror's Edge. Also included are five photographs of my current workspace and the enormous binder from which many of these images are lifted.

It should be noted that the assignment was for twenty images, but the emphasis was on the notion of getting a camera out and snapping some photographs related to my project or any related subject matter. However, when it comes to graphics in the context of game design, I found it very difficult to come up with any further reason for breaking out the camera, or any other items of which pictures could be taken which would have any remote connection to any project I could make. In any event, please read, experience, and enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment