Thursday, December 3, 2009

CS 1107 Lab Assignment: Review for the Final

As the semester draws quickly to a much-deserved close, the students of this course have been compelled to compile various trinkets into workable presentations, and embed them here alongside a lovely paragraph of our impressions of the class.

To be frank, since I put myself into the class at the very last minute for the sole purpose of rounding out my earned credits to a not-so-even 16 for this semester, I didn't really put a lot of thought into my choice -- so it came as a sudden surprise that I'd signed up not for "Intro to Computers [in a scientific setting]", but "Intro to Computers [in general, for people who haven't consistently worked with one since they were six years old]". Even so, I learned a few things -- especially toward the back half of the semester, during which I finally learned a few marvelous tidbits (such as what the term BIOS stands for). It also helped prepare me for the base-2 notation assignments I would later face in CS 1309 - Problem Solving and Computer Science, giving me yet another opportunity to hold myself above everyone else for being slightly more simple-minded than I am.

Given the purpose of this course, I have no complaints about how it was laid out. It gave me an excuse to work in a light programming environment and focus a fair amount on game design; I wouldn't necessarily recommend it to someone as experienced with computers as myself, unless they (like me) had problems accommodating student loan requirements due to missteps made in a prototypical college career more than five years ago. I'd like to thank my professor (Christine Bakke) for putting up with my horrible lateness and crazy excuses; she's a very talented professor, even if she did refer to me with the incorrect pronouns a few times. :3

Presentations:





Finally, a bonus video of a bunch of awesome nerds messing around with emulators:

No comments:

Post a Comment